Food and Garden Dailies started as a way to record my family's favorite recipes. It has come in handy many times when I'm asked for a recipe. I simply email a link to the blog! But I couldn't just stick to recipes. The kitchen is tied to the garden in so many ways...and so I let you into my ever changing garden as well.

If you're interested in my all-time favorite recipes, check out this post first: My Favorite Recipes

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Spicy Honey Chicken

Pin It
My summer pledge:  to try one new grilled recipe from Pinterest each week this summer.  Tonight I chose the Spicy Honey Chicken from Our Best Bites.  The results:  quite good!  It was easy and I'd definitely make it again.  My only complaint is that it wasn't that spicy.  I like spicy.  It was mild enough that our four year old friend gobbled it up.  And she hates anything remotely spicy.  So, yeah, I'd kick the spicy-ness up a notch.

Spicy Honey Chicken

Baste with olive oil:
     6-8 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (or thighs...Our Best Bites suggests thighs, but I went ahead with the breasts)

Mix together in a bowl:
     2 tsp granulated garlic (or 1 tsp garlic powder, which is what I used)
     2 tsp chili powder
     1/2 tsp onion powder
     1/2 tsp coriander (I crushed     1/2 tsp of whole coriander seeds)
     1 tsp kosher salt
     1 tsp cumin
     1/2 tsp chipotle chili powder

Mix together in a small bowl:
     1/2 cup honey
     1 TB apple cider vinegar
(Keep out 1/8-1/4 cup for later)

Once the chicken pieces are covered in oil, put them in the spice bowl and rub in thoroughly.  Grill until the chicken is cooked through.  Just before the chicken is done, pour the honey glaze over both sides of the chicken.

When serving, pour a little bit of the sauce on the chicken....a great blend of sweet and spicy!

No comments: