Food and Garden Dailies started as a way to record my family's favorite recipes. It has come in handy many times when I'm asked for a recipe. I simply email a link to the blog! But I couldn't just stick to recipes. The kitchen is tied to the garden in so many ways...and so I let you into my ever changing garden as well.

If you're interested in my all-time favorite recipes, check out this post first: My Favorite Recipes

Friday, January 4, 2008

Pesto Parmesan Chicken

Pin It
This is a relatively easy recipe that was inspired by a dish from Entree Vous. Since I'm always looking for more recipes that call for pesto, I was eager to try making this.

Pesto Parmesan Chicken

Ingredients:
6-8 thinly sliced* skinless boneless chicken breast halves
1 C pesto sauce (recipe here)
1 1/2 C finely grated Parmesan cheese

Place the chicken in a bowl and pour the pesto over the pieces, covering well. Place the Parmesan in a shallow bowl. One at a time, place the chicken pieces in the bowl of Parmesan, spooning cheese onto the top to coat.

Place the coated pieces in a baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees or until thoroughly cooked.

*Because many chicken breast halves are very thick, I usually slice them horizontally to make them thinner. They grill/bake faster, and the outsides don't tend to get as dry while waiting for the thick middle part to cook.

If freezing, line a jelly-roll pan with waxed paper, and place the chicken pieces on it. Flash-freeze. Once completely frozen, place inside a freezer bag, squeezing all the air out of it (or vacuum pack it), before putting it back in the freezer.

Serving suggestions: Serve with pasta, adding a little extra pesto sauce and Parmesan cheese on top. Chop up and use as a pizza topping (on a white sauce garlic-y pizza).

No comments: