Food and Garden Dailies started as a way to record my family's favorite recipes. It has come in handy many times when I'm asked for a recipe. I simply email a link to the blog! But I couldn't just stick to recipes. The kitchen is tied to the garden in so many ways...and so I let you into my ever changing garden as well.

If you're interested in my all-time favorite recipes, check out this post first: My Favorite Recipes

Friday, January 4, 2008

Green Beans with Pecans

Pin It Here's another simple vegetable dish that is easy to throw together at the last minute for any dinner, including a holiday dinner.

Green Beans with Pecans (San Francisco Encore)

Prep ahead of time:
-wash and trim 2 pounds of fresh green beans
-mince 4 TB of shallots
-mince 3 TB of fresh parsley

Steam until just tender, but still firm:
2 pounds of fresh green beans

In a skillet, saute until softened:
3 TB butter
4 TB minced shallots*

Add, and brown lightly:
1 C pecan halves

Stir in:
beans
3 TB minced fresh parsley

Toss to coat and heat thoroughly. Season to taste with salt and pepper

*I didn't have shallots on hand, but substituted green onions instead. Worked out well!

No comments: