Food and Garden Dailies started as a way to record my family's favorite recipes. It has come in handy many times when I'm asked for a recipe. I simply email a link to the blog! But I couldn't just stick to recipes. The kitchen is tied to the garden in so many ways...and so I let you into my ever changing garden as well.

If you're interested in my all-time favorite recipes, check out this post first: My Favorite Recipes

Monday, July 16, 2007

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.

Pin It


Above you can see the good little spider that eats mites and other creepy critters. Unfortunately it's no match for the bad (also ugly) slugs that devour the pretty plants, making them ugly.

Yes, we live in fertile nursery land where amazing plants grow. However, the weeds can be equally prolific if not controlled frequently (I weed daily). Also in abundance are the slugs. Oh, the slugs LOVE Oregon. They can destroy a plant overnight. I've tried slug bait, beer bait, salt, slicing and dicing, and more. In the end I've pretty much given up. They are here to stay. I figure the only way to beat them at their game is to put in more plants. I figure the more plants there are, the more spread out their damage will be. Will this work?? Who knows.

No comments: