Food and Garden Dailies started as a way to record my family's favorite recipes. It has come in handy many times when I'm asked for a recipe. I simply email a link to the blog! But I couldn't just stick to recipes. The kitchen is tied to the garden in so many ways...and so I let you into my ever changing garden as well.

If you're interested in my all-time favorite recipes, check out this post first: My Favorite Recipes

Monday, July 9, 2007

Easy Potatoes

Pin It This is a simple, quick potato side dish that I like to make when I'm in a hurry. We don't always have a side dish for dinner. Often just the meat/main dish and salad/veggies. That fits in with our casual living. But, when the meal calls for it (tonight we were having Mesa Verde Flank Steak from Entree Vous...YUM!!!), these potatoes do the trick:


Roasted Garlic & Rosemary Potatoes
(Pampered Chef)

Preheat oven to 450ยบ.

In a bowl, mix together:

2 lbs red potatoes* (4-5 large), unpeeled. Cut in half, and then into 8 wedges (4 each half)**
2 cloves garlic, crushed
½ cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
1 TB dried rosemary, crushed
½ tsp salt
1/4 cup olive oil***

Spread in a single layer on a bar pan (LOVE the stoneware bar pan!!)
Bake 10 minutes, and then turn potatoes.
Continue baking another 10-15 minutes or until light golden brown and tender.

6 servings. Each serving: Calories: 220, Fat: 10 g, sodium: 260 mg, fiber: 2 g

*I don't always have red potatoes on hand. In fact, I never do. I will buy them when I specifically need them for a recipe. But I do usually have a bag of Idaho/baking potatoes in the pantry. That's what I used in the photo above. And they turn out just fine.

**To cut the potatoes into wedges I use an apple corer/slicer thingy. First I cut the potatoes in half (cut the short center, not the end to end length). Then I place the potato on a cutting board, flat part down, pressing down with the slicer. I chop the middle cylinder piece in half (cooks through better) and toss them in the bowl. Faster than using a knife, and less equipment to wash than a food processor.

***No need to add more oil if you add more of the other ingredients. It makes it a little greasy if you do.

No comments: